Saturday, March 20, 2010

Rolling Right Along

How refreshing! The weather has been wonderful this last week, even getting into the mid 60's today! We've seen more sunshine than we did the rest of the winter (it seems that way) in the last couple weeks and it is so nice. Now that it is nice out and we will be done with lessons in a week we will probably start more exploring around the city because there is lots to see here if you look past the block buildings. During a homework break last weekend I took a walk to a famous cemetery. I know, not the coolest sounding, but there is lots of really nice architecture there and many famous people buried there.

Some of the tombs are very interesting and there are lots of statues like this around.

We'll have to go back there sometime because I only saw a small part, it is a huge place, and it is not very far from our apartment.

We went to the baby hospital Monday with Corni, praise God that we will be able to go there regularly again! We so enjoy the babies, it is such a blessing to be able to hold them and love them, they are so much fun!

We also made it out to the orphanage again after not being there for a few weeks due to scheduling issues. The kids enjoyed making lion puppets to go along with the story of Daniel and the lions den. The team that is here now did a skit and I got to stand in for one of the evil guys who gets eaten by lions in the end, how fun!

Some of the kids are learning a dance to Leeland's "Tears of the Saints" and they are really enjoying it. I was really impressed by how into it Bebe was, as you can see in the picture of him getting ready for the beginning of the song where they start off as if they are praying.

Today we had a play day with the kids in the beautiful weather, everyone had a lot of fun.

Lorenzo is a really nice boy though unfortunately he is on heavy medication for some issues he has. Despite that he always runs to me and loves to spend time together. This week he told me that he is praying for us every night! How sweet is that? Let's pray for him that God will heal him so he can be free from the medication that really hinders him.


Vali was in heaven today because he got to play with the basketball. Every single time we go to the orphanage he asks if we brought the basketball, he just loves playing.


Thanks so much for your continued prayers and encouragement!

2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

I'm glad to see that you are getting the same beautiful weather that we are! Doesn't sunshine make all the difference?

elizabeth said...

nice! I have seen the cross with the triangle roof at the Romanian monestary in Michigan...

sounds like a very special cemetery; I always like reading the grave stones at the one at the monastery so I can understand why you would want to look at the ones there; the first picture was really intresting!

glad the orphans are doing well and that you are there etc! miss you and love you!!!