The days are flying by as we get ready to leave for Romania on our mission trip. It is so hard to believe that it is almost here. We will be leaving on June 25 in the afternoon and won't return home until July 30, which make it 5 weeks that we'll be gone. Rebecca has been busy packing, and it is surprising how little we'll take for such a long trip. We are bringing clothes that are fast drying so that we can hand wash them, and since we'll be at camp we won't need anything fancy.
We are packing extra batteries for the camera, so we'll have 3 sets of good rechargeables and one or two of regulars. We're told we probably won't have a chance to recharge but I'm thinking this should be enough. One of our friends let us borrow a memory card for our camera so we have 4 Gb of memory, which I would think would be plenty, but we'll see. I think we'll end up with a lot of pictures because we don't want to forget anything that we do there.
Believe it or not, we are also taking 472 marshmallows with us! Apparently they are hard to get in Romania, and we'd like to have the kids experience smores. Imagine 60 kids all having smores for the first time, roasting a marshmallow for the first time, and hey, probably even being by a campfire for the first time. I think it will be fun although a little chaotic. But it will be worth it. Now we just need to find room for them, good thing they compress a lot.
2 comments:
I am so excited for you guys! I can imagine the looks on the faces of the kids when they see that marshmellow turn brown over the fire and especially when they take that first bite of a s'more - huge eyes and smiles from ear to ear! So many things that we take for granted, they will be experiencing for the first time! It is so great that you guys are going back! I am excited for the kids from Perish to see you again - they will remember everything about your visit with them last year and they will feel so loved to know that you cared enough about them to come back! My prayer is that as you sit around the campfire, the Holy Spirit will light a fire inside each one of those precious kids - just as it has inside of you - and a generation of abondoned children will come to know how much Jesus really loves them! Chloe and I both wish we could go with you, but for now, we partner with you through prayer! Please know that our prayers and love go with you both! Pass on our love to the H2H staff and the kids! Our hearts are overflowing with love for you all! We will be checking this blog often for updates! Keep us posted on prayer requests!
Big Hug,
Sue
I love it! Who would have thought? I'm praying for you guys!
Post a Comment