Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hello out there, and a little about us...

Hello, welcome to my new blog. I am Mark Essenburg and my wife is Rebecca. I started this blog so that we could share with you our life experiences and our thoughts on the many things that we are interested in. There are a lot of things we've done before being able to write about them, so I am going to be periodically posting on those things, in addition to the new things that are happening.

We have been married for nearly 5 years already, our anniversary is October 4, 2003. We now live in west Michigan, in our very own house that we bought new 3 years ago. I am a mechanical design engineer for Extol Inc, and Rebecca periodically works grading standardized tests. We have two cats, Smokey and Chewy, and they are big mischief makers, but we do enjoy them. We enjoy getting together with family and friends and are also quite involved with church. We are part of a great small group and we enjoy leading a small group of kids for the Wednesday night ministries. We are also on the LifeGroup Lead team, which oversees all the small groups.

We love God with all our hearts and we enjoy worshiping him in church and throughout the week. We are both still growing in our faith, that is a never-ending journey. Our faith in Jesus Christ is what gets us through the good and tough times, and we thank God for all he has done in our lives and how he has used us to bless others. We are very passionate about caring for orphans, which you will be able to hear a lot more about soon.

Well, that was very brief, but I'll be posting on all these things in much more depth later. I hope you enjoy reading our blog, and I hope that it can enrich your life.

No comments: